All Around The Mountain – Overnight Caving Adventure
Difficulty Level: Challenging
Age Requirement: 11 and up
Plan Ahead: 10 Days Notice Required
If you are looking for fun in Tennessee and want more spelunking/caving, this is the trip for you. This trip is the best of the Cumberland Caverns and combines “What Waits Below” with “Higgenbotham’s Revenge” to give your group a chance to see all Cumberland Caverns (one of the most visited caves in Tennessee) has to offer. This adventure also includes our “Daily Scenic Walking Tour”.
You and up to 250 of your closest friends will camp-out underground in the 10-Acre Room with all the comforts a true caveman/ cavewoman would expect, including fully functional underground restroom facilities. In the morning your group will be treated to a continental breakfast in the cave.
What To Expect:
You will spend the night crawling, climbing, squeezing, and squashing through amazing sights, spectacular rooms, and unsurpassed formations.
- You will experience “Ladders in the Caverns,” the “Lemon Squeezer,” and world famous “Bubble Gum Alley.”
- 5:30 pm check-in all nights except Friday. 6:30 pm check-in on Friday nights only.
- 7:30 am breakfast is served in the cave’s ballroom known as the “Volcano Room.”
- After breakfast, you will have a mile and half nature hike around the Cardwell Mountain to the historic Higgenbotham Entrance.
- Expand your imagination and adventure through crawls and climbs in this extended Heritage and Nature Adventure. Follow the route of “Higgenbotham’s Revenge” with ladders, crawls, squeezes, and everyone’s favorite, cave-mud.
- Rocky Topper Adventure Tour
- Higgenbotham’s Revenge Adventure Tour (the next morning)
- Daily Walking Tour
- Sleep Inside the Cave
- Breakfast the Next Morning