The best of both worlds- Glamping in a Cave
Cumberland Caverns has opened it’s first ever Glamping Campsite (in the artist green room) and it is now available to add on to your overnight adventure for only $50! You and up to three family members or friends can share the private enclosed space which features 2 futons, tables, chairs, and additional lighting. Have more people in your group? No worries! Call 931-668-4396 and ask to speak with reservations for more details.
You will spend the night in comfort in the same room musicians use before performing on the world-famous Volcano Room stage, 333′ below the surface. This private space is perfect for families and close friends who want adventure with a little more comfort than camping.
This exclusive site is available on a first-come, first serve basis.
How to plan your visit:
- Decide which overnight adventure you want to take
- Coordinate the date with your friends and family
- Call to reserve your group reservation at 931-668-4396
- Ask for the “Glamping Add-On Package”
What to bring Glamping:
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Change of Clothing
What to expect when wild caving:
- Hiking through “wild” portions of the cave
- Climbing ladders
- Climbing over rocks
- Crawling on your hands and knees (some belly crawling)
- Sloshing through the mud
- Seeing incredible formations
What to expect on your overnight adventure:
- You will take all the tours during the evening hours
- No outside food is allowed but we do have a great Caveman Cafe with hot food available for purchase
- You will enter the cave early evening and will leave after breakfast
- There are restrooms inside the cave
What do I need to bring on an Overnight Caving Tour?
- A backpack, or duffel bag packed with all of your gear.
- Helpful Hint: You will carry your gear ½ mile from the parking area to the cave, so pack light!
- A sturdy flashlight with extra batteries.
- A small pack to carry a water bottle, and extra batteries.
- Change of clothes, socks, shoes, and a jacket.
- Helpful Hint: You are staying inside the cave overnight, bring warmer clothes to sleep in.
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes. You will get wet and muddy!
- Sleeping bag
- CPAP equipment is welcome
Have more questions? Give us a call at 931-668-4396 or click below for more details about all our tours.