Daytime Caving Adventures
Personalize your caving experience with a Daytime Caving Tour. Pick your date and your adventure and leave the rest up to us. Most tours must be booked at least 10 days in advance and require a minimum of 10 people per group.
Daytime Caving Tours showcase some of our most beautiful and unusual sites and formations. It’s the perfect way to spend half a day with your friends, family, coworkers, or any group in search of fun-filled adventure!
Rocky Topper Adventure
Prepare for a Spelunk-Tacular guided day trip underground. We recommend bringing a flashlight and a change of clothes.
What You Can Expect:
Unsurpassed underground sights and formations, spectacular gypsum crystals and plenty of mud. Tight squeezes, cave crawling, ladder climbing.
- Unsurpassed underground sights and formations
- Spectacular gypsum crystals
- Muddy passages
- Tight squeezes and cave crawling
- “Ladders in the Caverns”
Higgenbothams Revenge Adventure
Recommended for experienced explorers and thrill seekers in good shape. Minimum Age Requirement: 12 years old
What To Expect:
Follow the historic caving route of the discoverer, Aaron Higgenbotham. The tour begins with a 1½ mile hike to the Higgenbotham Entrance. You will encounter narrow passageways, ladders (some up to 20 feet high) and muddy trails. Experience the passageways that are said to have “turned Higgenbotham’s hair white” before he made it out.
- A hike across through the beautiful hills of Tennessee.
- Ladders in the Caverns: If you think you climbed some ladders in “Rocky Topper” just wait till you see the ladders in this adventure!
- See the room and ledge where Aaron Higgenbotham spent 3 frightful days and nights.
Extreme Caving Adventure
For Small Groups of 2-14 people, this premium, high-adventure, caving trip involves high climbs, ladders, ropes, and a lot of guts. (You provide the guts). We only take explorers ages 16 and up, and only in small groups of 2-14 people.
What To Expect:
This intense caving tour leads you to a site that few get to witness in person, The Monument Pillar! Recommended for experienced explorers and thrill-seekers in good shape.
- Crossing the infamous Devil’s Quarry
- A high, twisting rock climb leading to The Monument Pillar
- A possible side trip to the Waterfall Room
- A winding canyon passage
- The Ten Acre Room