Cumberland Caverns Live Welcomes DeVotchKa featuring The Joy Formidable
Performing September 28, 2019 at 3:00PM CST in the World-Famous Volcano Room
DeVotchKa is a four-piece multi-instrumental and vocal ensemble. They take their name from the Russian word devochka (девочка), meaning “girl”. Based in Denver, Colorado, the quartet is made up of Nick Urata, who sings and plays theremin, guitar, bouzouki, piano, and trumpet; Tom Hagerman, who plays violin, accordion, and piano; Jeanie Schroder, who sings and plays sousaphone, double bass, and flute; and Shawn King, who plays percussion and trumpet. (courtesy of Wikipedia)
If you are looking to expand your musical palate, this is the show for you! Relaxing, refreshing, and innovative, their mix of Indie Rock, Gypsy Punk, and Cabaret will bring a unique sound performance to the iconic Volcano Room of Cumberland Caverns 333′ below McMinnville, TN. Tickets for this concert will not last long. Get yours today and be part of the experience that is Cumberland Caverns Live!
CUMBERLAND CAVERNS KNOW BEFORE YOU GO FAQ’s-Click here.
Curious to learn more about DeVotchKa? NPR’s DeVotchKa on World Cafe video.
For interview requests, press inquiries or to request photo or media passes for the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
World Famous Volcano Room
This legendary room 333’ below the surface, has caught the attention of the music industry and the entire world for its near-perfect acoustics presented with a backdrop of amazing formations and unsurpassed beauty.
Get More Caving Fun
333 Exploration Tour Package – $15*
Want to explore Cumberland Caverns beyond the Volcano Room? Add the 333 Exploration Tour Package and come early for this hour-long pre-show tour that will take you to seven different parts of Cumberland Caverns. Get a bird’s eye view of the World Famous Volcano Room from high atop the balcony. Make the most of your time with us with this exciting caving adventure on concert day! This $21 value can be yours for only $15* when purchased with your Cumberland Caverns Live concert ticket.
*333 Exploration Tour Ticket does not act as a concert ticket. Cumberland Caverns will not allow access into the Volcano Room during the concert unless you have a separate ticket for that show. Special rate available only when purchased with a concert ticket. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
What to expect when you attend a show at Cumberland Caverns
- The cave is a consistent 56 degrees
- The walk from the parking lot to the Volcano Room is approximately 600 yards
- The path to the concert hall is uneven earth and rock so, wear good walking shoes
- We are not handicap accessible. For safety purposes, wheelchairs and strollers are not allowed inside the cave
- No outside food or drink is allowed
- We are a smoke, alcohol, and drug-free location
- We have a snack bar with hot menu items for purchase
- We have indoor plumbing and electricity
Are there things we cannot bring?
Yes, to protect the caverns and abide by the laws of the state of Tennessee – a few items are not allowed in the cave.
*The following is a list of items that are not allowed at Cumberland Caverns:
- Chewing gum.
- Alcohol, or drugs.
- Food, or drinks.
- Helpful Hint: If you medically must have certain foods, please call (931-668-4396) for details.
- Pets, radios, video games, laser pointers, or musical instruments.
- Weapons, or fireworks.
- Cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes, or vaping equipment.
- Cumberland Caverns is a tobacco-free environment!
For more information, please call 931-668-4396 or email us at email@example.com