Happy 4th of July & Happy 60th Anniversary Cumberland Caverns!
July 4, 1956, was a day filled with celebration on Cardwell Mountain in Warren County, Tennessee, as Cumberland Caverns opened the cave doors to greet guests from all around the area.
A big dream in a small town quickly turned into a world renowned attraction as visitors grew from numbering 500 the first year to well over 40,000 sixty years later. Whether people come to witness the serenity and beauty of the cave or to enjoy a Bluegrass Underground concert, they leave mesmerized by the experience. Bring your family and friends to experience what others from all 50 states and 19 different countries already know-there is something magical about Cumberland Caverns!
On Monday, July 4th we will not only celebrate our country’s independence but also honor the dream of three visionaries, Tank Gorin, Roy Davis and A.W. Powell and their accomplishment of making the hidden gem that is Cumberland Caverns available for the world to enjoy. On that very first day, visitors were greeted with lemonade and cookies and we will continue that tradition as well as add our own little twist to the festivities!
Please join us as we kick off the next 60+ years with a day of celebration starting at 9 a.m. CST
- Lemonade and cookies will be served to all guests
- First 25 people on tour will receive Cumberland Caverns t-shirts
- First 10 kids on tour will receive a caveman plush figure
- The following drawings will be held at the end of the day:
- (2) Family of 4 Season Passes
- (4) Sets of Daily Walking Tour Tickets
- (2) Sets of Rocky Topper Adventure Tour Tickets
- (6) Bluegrass Underground Tickets
- (4) $10 Topz Frozen Yogurt Gift Cards
- (2) Smooth Rapids Kayaking Certificates
No purchase necessary to enter the drawings for prizes. Winners will be notified by phone or email on or before 7/8/2016. Only one entry per person per category will be acknowledged. Individuals will not be awarded prizes in more than one category. You do not have to be present to win.