Cumberland Caverns welcomes Fall, Music, and Adventure at Cumberland Caverns!
It has been one long, hot summer but relief and fall foliage is in sight! We would like to invite you to come and explore Cardwell Mountain and the Upper Cumberland region this season.
“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity” – John Muir
What can you expect to discover at Cumberland Caverns:
- See things you have never seen before. No two caves are alike. There are many caves with water features, such as underground rivers, pristine lakes, and raging waterfalls. Cumberland Caverns has the waterfalls, sparkling pools, and so much more to experience and enjoy.
- Spend quality time with family. Some of the best memories are made during weekends, school breaks and staycations.
- Cave tours are educational and teach you about the history of the cave and the surrounding areas.
- Spending time in nature has many benefits. Multiple studies show that nature boosts our mental and physical well-being.
- Enjoy over 5 miles of FREE outdoor hiking trails across Cardwell Mountain. These trails have been updated with new blazes and signs to mark your way.
- Daily Walking Tours and our Brand New Lantern Tour is available each day without a reservation.
- Wild Caving Adventures and Overnight Camping inside the cave provide a once in a lifetime experience for young and old alike.
- If you like music, you will love our underground music series Cumberland Caverns Live. Upcoming artist for the remainder of 2019 include:
There is so much more to see and do in Middle Tennessee and the Upper Cumberland Region!
This area is rich in history, culture, and entertainment. Our neighbors and community have a lot of activities and events happening this season for you and your family and friends to see, do, and enjoy. Here are just a few of the things you don’t want to miss during your visit:
- A haunted canoe trip at Canoe the Caney. What’s more scary than dark water and ghost stories? We don’t know but you are sure to enjoy the adrenaline rush!
- Looking for the great pumpkin? Cedarwood Farms has a pumpkin patch with lots of activities to entertain and keep the kiddos busy.
- Rock Island State Park with it’s gorgeous hiking trails and waterfalls, invites you to unwind and rock-hop the day away at one of Tennessee’s best kept secrets.
- Fall Creek Falls State Park nestled in the mountains welcomes you to come and experience one of the most serene environments and beautiful displays of fall foliage in the state. Oh, and how can I forget their incredible world-renowned waterfall? They have more than one and a swinging bridge or two for you to enjoy.
- Jack Daniels Distillery offers daily tours of their operation and the town of Lynchburg is a must-see, charming little town with lots of seasonal events.
- If you are looking for a scenic route with impressive views, five incredible waterfalls can be found within an hours drive of Cumberland Caverns.
- Need a place to stay while you are in the area? Join The Retreat at Center Hill Lake for a relaxing and refreshing overnight by the water.
- Do you love fairs and festivals? Click on the links below to discover what will be happening in the area during your Middle Tennessee stay:
Make plans to visit Cumberland Caverns and the surrounding area this year to experience mother nature at her finest!
Buy your tickets online now by clicking the link below. If you are bringing your family, be sure to select the ‘Family Fun Ticket’ to save money on your trip to the cave.
DAILY WALKING TOUR
Cumberland Caverns-Where Music and Adventures Run Deep!